Sanwo Olu finally reveals who ordered Lekki tollgate shooting

Advertisements

Lagos State Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has revealed that the Nigerian Army is responsible for the shooting of protesters at Lekki toll gate on October 20.

Mr Sanwo -Olu disclosed this while featuring on the ‘Connect the World with Becky Anderson programme’ on CNN on Monday, adding that no blood stains were seen at the Lekki toll plaza when it was inspected, but that two persons had been reported dead.

“From the footage that we could see, because there were cameras at that facility; it seems to me that they would be men in military uniform. That’s what the footage shows,” the governor said.

“Two dead bodies, that is what we have seen from all the morgues, that’s what we have seen going to hospitals, that’s what we have seen as record.

“What has happened is that there have been so many footages that were seen, that people have shown, but we have not seen bodies; we have not seen relatives; we have not seen anybody truly coming out to say ‘I am a father or a mother to someone and I cannot find that person’.

Several reports had stated that no fewer than 30 protesters died as a result of the shooting which had generated public outcry after security operatives believed to be soldiers fired live bullets into the crowd of protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate at Admiralty Circle Way.

Sanwo-Olu who said is committed to a full investigation of the incident, assured that the Close Circuit Television, CCTV, footages will be part of the investigation by the judicial panel already set up to investigate the incident, which according to him has already started sitting on Monday, October 27,2020.

The post Sanwo Olu finally reveals who ordered Lekki tollgate shooting appeared first on Kemi Filani News.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.